The St. James Water Polo Program focuses on long-term athletic development for water polo athletes of all ages and abilities. Focusing on proper water polo tactics and technique, our programs provide a great training foundation for long-term success in the pool.
For more information, visit us on TeamUnify.
Our goal is to offer the region's most comprehensive water polo development program—and to be the favorite space for players. Enthusiasts from shallow-water splashers discovering the sport to NCAA hopefuls to masters-level club players are jumping in for the challenge.
The St. James Difference
Led by former USA Water Polo Olympic Development Program Coach Leslie Entwistle, programming includes:
- Discovery-level classes in shallow water to introduce young people to the sport
- Classes for growing competitors ages 8 to 18, from beginner to Elite Academy level
- Adult classes for masters competitive level as well as for fun and fitness
- Private, semi-private and small-group lessons, to focus on technical skills and specific challenges
- Strength & Conditioning training programs and nutritional support
Water polo combines the stamina of swimming, the speed and strategy of hockey, and the fierce force of volleyball. Its players are a dedicated lot—and they range from Navy SEALs to teens. Expert coaches say it's a sport at which many different body types can excel, because the water helps level the playing field. And it's one of the fastest-growing sports in the nation.
Unique Facilities for a Demanding Sport
- All deep 50-meter pool for dual course competitions
- Very low chlorine levels in water to support athlete eye comfort
- Elevated spectator viewing for best angle during competitions
- Premier lighting for game visibility
- Clean, non-chlorinated air quality to support athlete performance
- State of the art scoreboard and shot clock system
Our EXPLORE programs focus on the most fundamental skills, with an emphasis on body movement and agility. Athletes learn the basics of the game and begin their lifelong love for the game.
Meet our coaches
Have a question about any of our sports programming? Tell us a little about yourself and a Sales Ambassador will contact you shortly.