Information We Collect:
"Personal information" is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal information does not include information that is publicly available, deidentified, or aggregated.
We collect Personal Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- When you access or use our Digital Channels, Registrations or otherwise;
- Automatically as you navigate through our Digital Channels (as described below); and
- From third parties or publicly available sources (e.g. from social media services, forums, commercially available services, referrals, etc.).
We collect the following types of personal information:
- CONTACT, IDENTIFYING & DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION: Information on how to contact you, such as your name, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, mobile or other phone number, mailing address and zip code, which you may provide to us when, for example, you inquire about our company, membership, or your account, when you subscribe to receive one of our mailing lists, when you download and use our Apps or receive personal training services.
- PHYSICAL DATA: When you download/use our Digital Channels or register for personal training services, we may collect certain data used for benchmarking and comparison purposes to determine your performance improvements. This data may include your height, weight and body measurements ("Physical Data"). With respect to Physical Data, we do not share that information with any third-parties except as set forth herein, and, with respect to personal training services, Physical Data is maintained by In-Body, a third-party service provider that provides online measurements of body-fat percentages, muscle mass percentages and other related measurements.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION & MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: Information provided when you establish an account through our Digital Channels or Registrations, such as your email address, username, password, and other contact information provided, as well as information you provide in connection with your account, such as a profile picture, log-in information such as your user name, password and unique user IDs. If you are a member of The St. James, we may also collect your membership number and information, as well as information about how you use and interact with The St. James and our Digital Channels, such as when you use our Digital Channels to check-in to use any of the facilities at The St. James, log a workout, book a class or add it to your schedule, purchase training sessions, or schedule personal training or spa appointments.
- YOUR ACTIVITY: If you access our Digital Channels, we may, if you elect to share the information with us, collect the data related to your physical activity, including sensor data such as your heart rate and GPS data, time the activity commenced and terminated, duration of the activity, distance traveled during the activity, location where the activity occurred, calories you expended during the activity, your stride length if running or walking and your pace.
- USAGE INFORMATION: Our servers automatically record information when you visit or use our Digital Channels, such as information about your Internet connection, browser, or computer/device, IP address or device ID, the third-party website you visited immediately prior to accessing our Site, search terms you use in our Digital Channels, and information on how you use and interact with our Digital Channels, such as pages or features you access and duration of your visits.
- COMMERCIAL INFORMATION We also collect records of the products and services you have purchased, obtained or considered purchasing or consuming, histories or tendencies and other transaction-related information.
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your location preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting – for our advertising and marketing efforts.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
How to manage cookies
How We Use Personal Information:
How we use your Personal Information depends in part on how you use our services and manage privacy controls available to you. In general, we use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with the services and products you request, and to respond to inquiries, requests and comments from you;
- Operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- Communicate special offers, promotions and information about our company and service offerings to you via email, SMS text message (if you have opted in to receive text messages) or to your mailing address, if you have provided one;
- Send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions of our business partners and affiliates;
- Provide members with administrative communications, announcements and information about membership, such as information regarding club hours or billing reminders;
- Provide customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, or and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of our Digital Channels;
- Understand how users access and use our Digital Channels, how to improve the Digital Channels and user preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users' usage of our Digital Channels;
- Develop our new products and services and improve our existing products and services; and
Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Personal Information:
We share Personal Information as follows:
- WITHIN OUR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND BRANDS: We share Personal Information internally, within our brands, affiliates, and subsidiaries to promote a unified customer experience and for marketing purposes.
- SERVICE PROVIDERS: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include creating and maintaining our Digital Channels, sending postal mail, e-mail and SMS text messages, managing and updating customer lists, developing and delivering targeted advertising, providing analytics and site usage information; processing transactions and payments; administering our promotions, contests, sweepstakes, and surveys; providing other marketing and promotional assistance; and providing other services related to the operation of our business. In a few instances these third parties, contractors, consultants and other parties require Personal Information to perform their functions on our behalf.
- SOCIAL MEDIA AND THIRD PARTY APPS: We may collect data from paid advertising to build retargeting campaigns. If you click on an advertisement and visit our Online Services, we may collect cookie information from your interaction with our Online Services and share it with advertising publishers to improve our targeting efforts and the performance of our Online Services. We may share information with social networks when you interact with our Digital Channels (e.g., a clicking a Facebook "like" button) or connect your social media accounts to our Online Services. If you elect to connect third party applications to our Online Services, your information may also be shared with these third parties. Please see below for more information on this, as we do not control these third parties or their privacy practices.
- CORPORATE TRANSACTIONS: In the event of a reorganization, merger or sale of The St. James or any of its affiliates, we may transfer any and all Personal Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
- AGGREGATED INFORMATION: We may share aggregated statistical data with partners that includes your demographic or other information but does not identify you. We reserve the right to provide any and all such aggregated and de-identified data to third parties.
What Choices Do You Have About Our Collection and Use of Your Information?
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: If you have established an account with us, you may review and update your information after logging in. If you do not have an account and want to update or correct your Personal Information, or wish for it to be deleted, please contact us by phone at 703.239.6870 or email to email@example.com. It may not always be possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request. In addition, if you have previously opted-in to receive SMS text messages from us, you may opt-out by use of the "Stop" button in any SMS text message you receive from us.
COMMERCIAL ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS:
- SMS Messages: If you have elected to receive SMS text messages from us, but wish to stop receiving them, you can opt out by replying "STOP"to any SMS text message. Once you opt-out, you will not receive any additional text messages via your mobile phone. Please keep in mind that if you opt-out of receiving text messages and alerts we may not be able to contact you with important messages regarding your account. However, if there is an emergency or account question, we will make every attempt to contact you in other ways, such as by email or on a landline phone.
- Emails: You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link found in every commercial email we send. If you have an account with us, you can also unsubscribe from promotional emails at any time by adjusting your communications preferences within your account. If you opt-out of receiving marketing email communications, we may still send you email messages related to your account or specific transactions with us. Unsubscribing yourself from our marketing communications will not affect our service to you.
- Push Notifications: If you have installed our Apps and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either in your mobile device or through the settings menu in our Apps.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO "DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS: Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (DNT) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Our Digital Channels do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
Third-Party Sites and Apps:
While our Digital Channels may contain links to other sites, products or services, please note that when you click on one of these links, you are clicking away from our Digital Channels and accessing a third party's website, third party application (“Third Party Apps”) or other digital property. In addition, certain features of our Digital Channels may enable you to connect our Digital Channels to, or otherwise share your information with, Third Party Apps. Please understand that these third parties may collect information about you which will be used under their privacy policies. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these third parties, as their practices may differ from ours.
We have implemented appropriate and commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to, use of, and disclosure of, your personal information. However, there is no perfect security, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Please do your part to help keep your personal information secure by maintaining the secrecy of any credentials used to access your account and reporting suspected unauthorized activity to us immediately.
Use of Digital Channels by Children:
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you are a parent or guardian of a child and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us.
More Information About Our Apps:
Our mobile Apps collect and use Personal Information in some ways that differ from our Online Services. This section describes our privacy practices with respect to our Apps and applies in addition to the information provided elsewhere in this Policy.
- Geolocation Information: If you allow our Apps to access your location data, that data is used to track your exercise—for example, your running routes. You will be asked by the App if you want to enable location tracking, and you may disable it at any time by selecting the appropriate option from within your device's settings menu.
Revisions To This Policy
Contact The St. James:
By U.S. Mail at:
6805 Industrial Road
Springfield, VA 22151
Attention: Chief Technology Officer and General Counsel
By telephone at: 703.239.6870
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org