Information We Collect:
We collect information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including Personal Information (defined below);
- When you access or use our Online Services;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Online Services (as described in the Non-Identifying Information section below); and
- From third parties or publicly available sources (e.g. from social media services, forums, commercially available services, etc.).
We collect the following types of personal information (each defined below and collectively, "Personal Information" ):
- CONTACT AND DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION: Information on how to contact you, such as your name, e-mail address, mobile or other phone number, mailing address and zip code, which you may provide to us when, for example, you inquire about our company, membership, or your account, or when you subscribe to receive one of our mailing lists. This may also include certain demographic information such as date of birth, age and gender.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION AND MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: Information provided when you establish an account on the Online Services, such as your email address, username, password, and other contact information provided, as well as information you provide in connection with your Online Services account, such as a profile picture. If you are a member of The St. James, we may also collect your membership number and information, as well as information about how you use and interact with The St. James clubs and the Online Services, such as when you use our Online Services to check-in to a club, log a workout, book a class or add it to your schedule, purchase training sessions, or schedule personal training or spa appointments.
- PAYMENT INFORMATION: Information related to your purchase(s) of goods and services through the Online Services, such as your credit/debit card information, billing address, the goods and services purchased, and other related transaction information.
- SOCIAL MEDIA AND THIRD PARTY APPS: If you access or log-in to our Online Services through a social media service or another website, app, service or log-in, interact with the Online Services through social media networks, or submit information through social media network ads (e.g., by clicking a Facebook "like" button or filling out a form with your contact information) ( "Third Party Site"), the information we collect may also include your user ID and/or user name associated with that Third Party Site, any information or content you have permitted the Third Party Site to share with us, such as your profile picture, email address or friends' lists, any information that you voluntarily submit, and any information you have made public in connection with that Third Party Site.
We collect the following types of information that do not personally identify you ( "Non-Identifying Information" ):
- Usage Information: Our servers automatically record information when you visit or use our Online Services, such as information about your Internet connection, browser, or computer/device, IP address or device ID, the third-party website you visited immediately prior to accessing our Site, search terms you use on our Online Service, and information on how you use and interact with the Online Services, such as pages or features you access and duration of your visits.
How We Use Personal Information:
We use the Personal Information collected through our Online Services to:
- Provide you with the services and products you request, and to respond to inquiries, requests and comments from you;
- Operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- Communicate special offers, promotions and information about our company and service offerings to you via email or to your mailing address, if you have provided one;
- Send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions of our business partners and affiliates;
- Provide members with administrative communications, announcements and information about membership, such as information regarding club hours or billing reminders;
- Provide customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, or and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Online Services;
- Understand how users access and use the Online Services, how to improve the Online Services and user preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users' usage of the Online Services;
- Develop our new products and services and improve our existing products and services;
- Provide third party providers Personal Information for marketing purposes; and
How We Share Information:
- AGENTS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include creating and maintaining our Online Services, sending postal mail and e-mail, managing and updating customer lists, developing and delivering targeted advertising, providing analytics and site usage information; processing transactions and payments; administering our promotions, contests, sweepstakes, and surveys; providing other marketing and promotional assistance; and providing other services related to the operation of our business. These third parties, contractors, consultants and other parties require the Personal Information to perform their functions on our behalf, but may not use or share it for other purposes.
- SOCIAL MEDIA AND THIRD PARTY APPS: We may share information with social networks when you interact with the Online Services (e.g., a clicking a Facebook "like" button) or connect your social media accounts to the Online Services. If you elect to connect third party apps to the Online Services, your information may also be shared with these third parties. Please see below for more information on this, as we do not control these third parties or their privacy practices.
- CORPORATE TRANSACTIONS: In the event of a reorganization, merger or sale of The St. James or any of its affiliates, we may transfer any and all Personal Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
- AGGREGATED INFORMATION: We may share aggregated identifiable statistical data with partners that includes your demographic or other information but does not identify you. We reserve the right to provide any and all such aggregated and de-identified data to third parties.
What Choices Do You Have About Our Collection And Use Of Your Information?
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: If you have established an Online Services account, you may review and update your information after logging in. If you do not have an account and want to update or correct your Personal Information, please contact us by phone at (703) 239-6870 It may not always be possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
- COMMERCIAL ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS: If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, you can opt out of future promotional mailings by clicking on the unsubscribe link located on the bottom of the relevant promotional email or, if you maintain an account on our Online Services, you can also unsubscribe to promotional mailings at any time by adjusting your communications preferences within your account. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO "DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS: Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (DNT) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Our Online Services do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
- THIRD PARTY SITES AND APP: While the Online Services may contain links to other sites, products or services, please note that when you click on one of these links, you are 'clicking' away from the Online Services and accessing a third party's website, app or other digital property. In addition, certain features of the Online Services may enable you to connect the Online Services to, or otherwise share your information with, Third Party Apps. Please understand that these third parties may collect information about you which will be used under their privacy policies. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these third parties, as their practices may differ from ours.
Use Of Online Services By Children:
The St. James offers membership to individuals who are at least 18 years of age. However, teenagers that are at least 16 years of age may also join with the written consent of a parent. Similarly, the Online Services are not directed to children, and you must be at least 18 years of age or, for teenagers ages 16 to 18, have parental consent, to provide personally identifying information to us. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us please contact us. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child's Personal Information as well as prohibit the use of that information.
Your California Privacy Rights:
If you are a California resident, you have a right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed Personal Information, as defined under California Civil Code Section 1798.90(e), during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. We will respond to one request per California resident per calendar year, according to California Civil Code Section 1798.83. You may request this information in writing by contacting us by mail at 6805 Industrial Road Springfield, VA 22151 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
How To Contact The St. James: