Our hockey program is built for those who belong on the ice. If you're serious about hockey, this is the place to refine your skills and master team tactics. Using the USA Hockey American Development Model, we prioritize short-term repetition and long-term progression. Our highly-regarded coaching staff obsesses over playing the game the right way. The goal is to develop players who are strong across the board - between the boards.
The objective of The St. James Hockey program is to provide a highly competitive and supportive learning environment where players of all age groups can maximize the development of their individual athletic skills. Our focus is on mentoring; developing and shaping the character of the young men and women that participate in The St. James Hockey Program. These objectives are achieved through a fun, intensive and expansive on and off-ice training regimen under the direction and supervision of the dedicated full-time staff of highly respected professionals.
The St. James Difference
Enjoy best-in-class equipment and venues: two NHL regulation-sized rinks and our high-performance center, featuring a RapidShot training system and skating treadmill. Select from:
- Professional coaching customized to every age, position and skill level
- Developmental programs focused on fundamental abilities and positional awareness
- Camps and clinics targeting specific skills and winning tactics
- Intensive, professionally coached academy teams
- Tournaments and leagues where you can compete against others at your level
Developing Complete Players
Technical, tactical, physical and psychological—hockey at The St. James puts a premium on comprehensive player development.
We've adapted the USA Hockey American Development Model, which prioritizes long-term progression, repetition and puck touches. Each player who skates onto The St. James' ice benefits from:
- The latest in sports science
- Age-appropriate training at each developmental step
- Individualized, athlete-centered guidance
Our EXPLORE programs focus on the most fundamental skills, with an emphasis on body movement and agility. Athletes learn the basics of the game and begin their lifelong love for the game.